Quadrilaterals are about to get a whole lot more exciting with these classifying and labeling activities. Share your work with classmates to see if you can classify each shape!
This class will meet on Tuesday 12-2pm EST on October 5. Quadrilaterals are abou4 / 3109/07/2109/07/21
This class will meet on Tuesday 12-2pm EST on September 14. Quadrilaterals are a6 / 3109/14/2109/14/21
This class will meet on Tuesday 12-2pm EST on September 21. Quadrilaterals are a5 / 3109/21/2109/21/21
This class will meet on Tuesday 12-2pm EST on September 28. Quadrilaterals are a5 / 3109/28/2109/28/21
- NGS. MATH 5.G.3 Understand that attributes belonging to a category of two-dimensional figures also belong to all subcategories of that category. e.g., All rectangles have four right angles and squares are rectangles, so all squares have four right angles. Note: The inclusive definition of a trapezoid will be utilized, which defines a trapezoid as “A quadrilateral with at least one pair of parallel sides.”
- NGS.MATH.CONTENT.5.G.4 Classify two-dimensional figures in a hierarchy based on properties
Guiding Ideas1) What does the root “Quad” mean? (use examples like a “quadruplets”) 2) What does the root “lateral” mean? (use examples like a “lateral pass” in football) 3) What is a quadrilateral? 4) What kind of shapes can we make with four lines? 5) What is a square? 6) What is a rectangle? 7) Is a square a rectangle and why or why not? 8) Is a rectangle a square and why or why not?
Performance Expectations1) The student was able to define geometric shapes. 2) The student was able to classify geometric shapes into subcategories. 3) The student was able to design different geometric shapes with Minecraft blocks. 4) The student was able to complete the geometric shape worksheet.
- Critical Thinking
- Math with Minecraft: Quadrilaterals with Charles Gargaly Tuesday 12-2pm EST August 10 Unlimited
- Locate Your EduMEE Email Account Information Unlimited
- Download and Sign into M:EE Unlimited
- Open MS Teams and find your Class meeting link Unlimited
- Joining An EduMEE Class Meeting in Teams Unlimited
- Ensure your camera and microphone work properly Unlimited
- Check other Features on Your EduMEE App Unlimited
- Math with Minecraft: Quadrilaterals with Charles Gargaly Tuesday 12-2pm EST September 14 Unlimited
- Math with Minecraft: Quadrilaterals with Charles Gagarly Tuesday 12-2PM EST September 21 Unlimited
Course ReviewsCharles GargalyUS00
About InstructorHi! My name is Chuck and I love learning and teaching. I also love videogames, so here I am! I'm passionate about getting minds and bodies moving - I play videogames but I also play sports and I believe in being a lifelong learner. I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
Top Rated Courses