This class will meet Monday on Sept 6, 11AM-1PM CST. Learn how number families a5 / 3209/06/2109/06/21
This class will meet Monday on Sept 13, 11AM-1PM CST. Learn how number families5 / 3209/13/2109/13/21
This class will meet Wednesday on Sept 15, 11AM-1PM CST. Learn how number famili5 / 3209/15/2109/15/21
Break down arrays and rebuild them in groups of equal numbers to understand how number families are the key to the multiplication and division.
- NGS.Math.Content.-3.OA.2 Interpret whole-number quotients of whole numbers. e.g., Interpret 56 ÷ 8 as the number of objects in each share when 56 objects are partitioned equally into 8 shares, or as a number of shares when 56 objects are partitioned into equal shares of 8 objects each. Describe a context in which a number of shares or a number of groups can be expressed as 56 ÷ 8.
Performance ExpectationsPerformance Expectations 1. The student was able to break apart an array and reorganize the units into equal groups. 2. The student was able to define division by stating the big idea in their own words. Show work in math notebooks. 3. The student was able to write a division equation after reorganizing their array into equal groups. 4. The student was able to prove division equations by building and explaining a Minecraft Math model. 5. The student was able to correctly answer all four problems on their worksheet. 6. The student was able to review a peers worksheet and explain how their answers are correct or not. 7. The student exhibited higher level thinking skills such as... a. Completing one of the extension activities b. Making a connection between the inverse relationship between multiplication and division.
- Critical Thinking
- Locate Your EduMEE Email Account Information 00:07:00
- Download and Sign into M:EE 00:07:00
- Open MS Teams and find your Class meeting link 00:07:00
- Joining An EduMEE Class Meeting in Teams 00:07:00
- Ensure your camera and microphone work properly 00:07:00
- Check other Features on Your EduMEE App 00:07:00
- Division Construction with Demetrielle Washington Wed11AM-1PM CST Sept 15th Unlimited
- Division Construction with Demetrielle Washington Mon 11AM-1PM CST Sept 13th Unlimited
I am Demetrielle Washington; a teacher, a mother, a lover, a leader, and an innovator. I enjoy overcoming challenges through creativity to instruct and reach diverse learners. I have taught students of all ages, ranging from toddlers to adults. The most rewarding part of educating is when students apply what I’ve taught them to real-life and relevant situations. I believe that the goal of learning is to utilize the information in a meaningful context that inspires the learner to develop. I believe that I’ve had an adventurous teaching journey. I have had a passion for teaching since I was a child. I was always eager to play school with anyone who’d listen to me, especially my dolls, stuffed animals, and action figures! After assisting in a daycare as a young teacher, I mentored as a camp counselor for high school students during a science program at my alma mater, McNeese State University. I earned my BA in Elementary Education and am certified to teach in multiple states across the US. I have experience teaching and leading elementary kids, special learners, and adolescents through student-centered learning approaches. I’ve had the honor of being on the forefront of the technological transition by presenting digital showcases to fellow educators and parents. I also provide intimate and engaging instruction through private and small group tutoring. Upon gaining experience as a teacher, I continued my journey of expanding my knowledge. I earned my MEd in Instructional Leadership with a concentration in Curriculum & Instruction from Sam Houston State University. The challenge provided me skills of resourcefulness and determination. Throughout my career and experiences of teaching and learning, I’ve collaborated professionally and informally to provide support and ignite learning within others. My desire to leave a positive impact on the world has encouraged me to pursue my Doctorate degree in Physiology with Integrated Education, Technology, and Psychology. It is my goal to create innovative learning experiences that encourage and inspire students to explore and contribute to the world around them.