In this mod, students will learn different ratio rules for a specific type of gameplay in Minecraft, and ensure that their code abides by those rules. 11-12 yrs old, Math, Ratio, Proportions. Game/Play NGSS Online Project-Based courses STEM
- Understanding the importance of ratio as it applies to gameplay within Minecraft, and understanding how to refine ratio within a function.
Common Core Standards
Understand the concept of a ratio and use ratio language to describe a ratio relationship between two quantities.
This activity requires students to have Code Connection open and running with their Minecraft Education Edition.
This activity consists of 2 parts:
- Understanding Existing Ratios in Minecraft
- Defining Your Own Ratios in Minecraft
Expected outcomes include:
- This exercise can be completed in one class session depending on the experience within Minecraft of your students and the amount of exploratory time given.
- Students should be able to recognize ratios in the real-world and game-worlds.
- Students should be able to decide on creating new ratio rules for real-world inventions or game-world gameplay.
- Critical Thinking.