Prospective Teacher FAQ
A Quick Overview for Potential Teachers FAQ
Q. What does EduMEE offer for teachers?
We offer a platform for teachers to create and deliver online classes using Minecraft: Education Edition. This includes:
- Access to our community of students
- Secure online payments
- Minecraft certification and access to M: EE training
- Responsive support via chat and email
We do our best to simplify operations, so you can focus on crafting your class experience in Minecraft.
Q. What can I teach?
- We encourage you to teach classes on topics you are experienced with and focus on the age groups, you have worked with. We welcome classes on all subjects covered by Next Generation Standards(NGS) and Common Core Standards for subjects not covered by NGS.
- All classes should involve significant interaction with the teacher in Minecraft: Education Edition – we do not want to be another Zoom class, but something fun and unique.
- We do not sell curriculum or self-paced classes.
Q. Are teachers given a specific topic to teach through Minecraft and then students sign up for that specific class?
- Teachers choose subjects based on standards to teach. For example Math, ELA, Science, Computer Science, History etc.
Q. Are we totally on our own when creating lessons? Do we follow an outline or anything?
- There is an outline you will follow, classes must be based on certain standards, and approved by us. We have premade lessons you can just take and use, so you don’t have to create anything.
Q. As students are taking these courses, are we there just to help them if they have questions, or are we actually teaching them?
- You are in there to both teach and guide using PBL or Inquiry-based methods.
Q. What can I earn? What does this cost?
- Your earnings will depend on what your classes cost, and how many people sign up. EduMEE collects a 10% service fee from all paid enrollments. We will send your payment 7-10 days after your class is scheduled to start. Payment is via Paypal to an email address you specify. You will need to pay tax on your earnings and report them appropriately.
Q. How are teachers paid? Or do we set our own price?
- Teachers are paid when parents purchase their class, we use Paypal or Stripe. Teachers do set their own prices with ion the guidelines of $2.50-$5 dollars per hour/per student for the premade classes.
Q. Can I use EduMEE to promote classes that are sold elsewhere?
- No. All attending students must be enrolled through the EduMEE website.
Q. Can you teach them for 3 days a week, 5 days a week, etc.? It’s up to the teachers?
- You can teach as many days of the week as you like, as long as the lessons require the time, but classes will last up to 8 weeks max.
- You can also offer the same class in different time slots.
Q. Could you send me a sample lesson just so I can see what I am diving into and see if it is the right fit for me?
- You can teach as many days of the week as you like, but classes will last up to 8 weeks max.
Q. Are you requiring teachers to sign a contract prior to training, or can I go through the steps of the hiring process, and then if I find it is not the right fit as I am going along, can I walk away?
- There is no contract and this is a commission only.